• Register Today It's free!

Power steering leak

coreman23

Reaction score
City, State
Big Bear, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
I'm losing power steering fluid somewhere and can't find the leak. Whatever has been leaking has been leaking for a long time as I couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from. So, I went ahead and replaced the power steering pump and the high pressure line and the other line, but I'm still losing a lot of fluid.

Any ideas on where else to check? Like I said, it's so grimey, it's hard to tell where it's coming from. I will probably try some simple green and spray it down a little bit, but looking for ideas for what to look for now.

Thanks!!!

It sounds like you replaced all the usual suspects. The steering box would be the next logical location. There is a seal on the box that has been known to fail. How fast are you losing fluid?

It sounds like you replaced all the usual suspects. The steering box would be the next logical location. There is a seal on the box that has been known to fail. How fast are you losing fluid?

I would say I have to fill it every two-three days. It's big enough that I notice it for sure.

Back