Power third row seat issue

Brian Cassidy

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Limited
2016 Limited front wheel drive 235,000 miles
Used one side of my third row seats yesterday and now that side will not return to stowed position; nothing in my Haynes manual regarding the third row seats at all, very limited info on fuse location. Anyone point me to the fuse location so I can check it? Is the switch panel in luggage area a likely candidate for the cause of this issue? Thanks for any suggestions.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Was the engine running when you tried it? I found that sometimes made a difference in my previous Explorer. The following is from your Owner's Manual. It is in the engine bay compartment fuse box. Does that seat attempt to do anything when using the various switches?
1665597216304.png

Peter

2016 Limited front wheel drive 235,000 miles
Used one side of my third row seats yesterday and now that side will not return to stowed position; nothing in my Haynes manual regarding the third row seats at all, very limited info on fuse location. Anyone point me to the fuse location so I can check it? Is the switch panel in luggage area a likely candidate for the cause of this issue? Thanks for any suggestions.
Does it sound like it's doing anything? Frequently the traingular metal bracket that flips it pops out, look under the front side cover from the 2nd row and you'll see a metal triangle bar sticking out if it popped off. Pop it back up in the pair of tracks under the seat and that should fix it if you're still getting power.

Was the engine running when you tried it? I found that sometimes made a difference in my previous Explorer. The following is from your Owner's Manual. It is in the engine bay compartment fuse box. Does that seat attempt to do anything when using the various switches?
View attachment 435484

Peter
Thanks , will continue to dig into this, appreciate the suggestion

Thanks , will continue to dig into this, appreciate the suggestion
Update on the issue: problem was diagnosed as a blown fuse on the body control module caused by a shorted out light in my drivers side visor; disconnected wiring to the visor, replaced the fuse and third row seats function normally and middle and third row overhead dome lights function again,
.Hope this helps anyone else facing a similar problem

Back