Private Cash Offer

gwjoeymed

Reaction score
City, State
Tucson, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Hey there,
Ordered Explorer Sport Oct 1. ETA Dec 5th. Shall see!

I followed the advice of others on this site and requested the brochures for vehicles. Said I was buying a vehicle in 1-2 months. (All of this is true).

Included in the small brochures are add'l Private Cash offers of $750 expiring in two months. So, go ahead and give it a try and go to fordvehicles.com and request 2 or 3 brochures. I'm here in AZ. I've heard these offers may be customer/region specific. But it doesn't hurt to try! Definitely solidified my decision to purchase the explorer over another car with free/extra money.

Good luck.
jcb

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yup this works. Also even if the private cash coupon expires after you are supposed to take delivery of your Explorer, the dealer should be able to lock it in. I know that's what my dealer did with the incentive and the private cash coupon.

Didn''t know about the "lock-in.' Thanks.

Can you do this after having placed the order?

Ok - so by way of update, I requested the brochures on Ford.com and received the private cash offer as well - confirmed with my dealer I would be able to use it when I take delivery (hopefully early Dec). Thanks again to OP - I would not have done it otherwise.

Hope everybody saves a buck!

Been trying for a while now... no joy on the discount. :(

Anybody have a link to order brochures? I can't find it. Just ordered mine last week

Got my email now and has the $750 private cash.

They have an expiration date on it...the only downside. You can always request another one...? Maybe.

I tried unsuccessfully to get a "private cash offer", both online, and by calling Ford's marketing dept. It was almost the straw that nearly had me holding off on buying. But they won, and I ended up buying anyway.

Anyway, FWIW, when I was talking to the financing guy at the dealer when I bought, he told me that you only had about a 2% chance of receiving the private cash offer, but that if you applied at all the places that were possible (different vehicles on the ford web site, ford facebook pages, marketing, etc.) that these are all independent of each other so your chances of getting the offer increases. Don't know if that's true or not, but that's what he said!

Back