What does it take to get a brochure?!? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What does it take to get a brochure?!?

Kzoo Driver

Reaction score
City, State
Portage, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford 500
I posted this on the new member forum, but thought I might generate more responses here, so am re-posting:

Hi all -- first time poster here who has been lurking and reading for several months. I started doing my research back in March and, after initially being convinced I was going to buy a new Taurus, have come around to the point that I'm pretty sold on the 2013 Explorer. I've largely determined what it is I want, but....

What does it take to get a brochure? I've made multiple requests over the past few months for both Explorer and Taurus brochures in hopes of getting one of those $750 private buyer cash vouchers. I've requested them in my name, in my wife's name, and with both our names. Not only have I not received a lucky voucher, I haven't even received a single brochure!

So my question is this: has anyone else successfully requested and received a brochure recently? And secondly, has anyone received a $750 voucher in the recent past?

I'm pretty much ready to pull the trigger, but am not in a position that I urgently have to buy now. And I'd much rather wait a little longer if there's a chance I can save a meaningful amount.

Any insights or recent experience that you could share would be appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got my brochure AFTER I ordered...pretty handy, I know. Mine did not have the $750 voucher, nor do I know how to get one...hopefully someone else can chime in.

just keep on trying...
About 3 months after we bought our ex, we got a brochure with $750.00 private cash..yeah, like we were going to any buy a second one so close to the original purchase!

I posted this on the new member forum, but thought I might generate more responses here, so am re-posting:

Hi all -- first time poster here who has been lurking and reading for several months. I started doing my research back in March and, after initially being convinced I was going to buy a new Taurus, have come around to the point that I'm pretty sold on the 2013 Explorer. I've largely determined what it is I want, but....

What does it take to get a brochure? I've made multiple requests over the past few months for both Explorer and Taurus brochures in hopes of getting one of those $750 private buyer cash vouchers. I've requested them in my name, in my wife's name, and with both our names. Not only have I not received a lucky voucher, I haven't even received a single brochure!

So my question is this: has anyone else successfully requested and received a brochure recently? And secondly, has anyone received a $750 voucher in the recent past?

I'm pretty much ready to pull the trigger, but am not in a position that I urgently have to buy now. And I'd much rather wait a little longer if there's a chance I can save a meaningful amount.

Any insights or recent experience that you could share would be appreciated!

I did the same thing - tried different names, different addresses, different times (weeks apart)....they all came in the same week. I think they must wait and do them in batches. You don't have to wait for the brochure though...if you already requested one just ask the dealer to check their system to see if you were approved for the $750

We got a My Ford newsletter in the mail yesterday, with a $750 voucher on the inside front cover.

Having just taken delivery of our new 2013 XLT last week, is this Ford's way of torturing me?

LOL...I don't suppose there's any way to get the $750 after the fact, is there? Our vehicle was purchased in the timeframe listed with the brochure.

Sheesh!!!!

We got a My Ford newsletter in the mail yesterday, with a $750 voucher on the inside front cover.

Having just taken delivery of our new 2013 XLT last week, is this Ford's way of torturing me?

LOL...I don't suppose there's any way to get the $750 after the fact, is there? Our vehicle was purchased in the timeframe listed with the brochure.

Sheesh!!!!

I also just received the newsletter with the $750 voucher. I purchased 2 1/2 weeks ago and am curious if there is anyway to the $750 after the fact.

Anyone???

Back