Pro Comp 2WD 3" Lift Spindle Suspension Kit | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pro Comp 2WD 3" Lift Spindle Suspension Kit

So...... Did you get them? The Doetsch spindles?

How about pics?

Yes, I did. I ordered them directly from Doetsch Tech over the phone. Took 4 days from California with ground shipping. Heres a pic of them with my SOA...i'll get some more of close up of the spindles later....

IMG_8047.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks damn good! Like the rack too. Please more pics would be great, especially underneath.

I am seriously considering the Doetsch spindles. I have heard of people snapping the Fabtech ones too. Doesn't really matter what brand they all get good and bad reviews.

On the rear did you just do the SOA or did you add anything else (AAL, shackles)? Did you have any issues doing the SOA? Did you need to lengthen the drive shaft? I am planning on spindles + SOA this year but need to get bigger tires lined up first and really want to cut back on surprises. For now the TT and BL on 31's will have to do.

Looks damn good! Like the rack too. Please more pics would be great, especially underneath.

I am seriously considering the Doetsch spindles. I have heard of people snapping the Fabtech ones too. Doesn't really matter what brand they all get good and bad reviews.

On the rear did you just do the SOA or did you add anything else (AAL, shackles)? Did you have any issues doing the SOA? Did you need to lengthen the drive shaft? I am planning on spindles + SOA this year but need to get bigger tires lined up first and really want to cut back on surprises. For now the TT and BL on 31's will have to do.

Yea, i love my spindles....there was only one surprise with them tho - I can't turn my wheel all the way because the spindle hits the lower control arm when you turn the wheel. The instructions that came with the spindles say to cut a section out of my lower control arm. I don't know if i want to do that. As of now, im dealing with a very poor turning radius. Its not that bad when you get used to it though.

All i have in the back is the SOA and i had no issues at all with it. I DID NOT have to lengthen my driveshaft. I actually have enough length in it to possibly do blocks or shackles. That would require me going to coil springs and i don't have the money for that right now.

Check this thread for more pics... - http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185993

Thanks,
Colton

I had a set of the Doetsch lift spindles on a Ranger Edge and like them very much although the turning radius did suffer. I removed them before selling the edge so if anyone wants a complete kit in great condition make me an offer!

how are those spindles holding up???

Ok, i KNEW this wan't going to get any replies so im just going to change up my question a little bit to maybe get a simple answer....

If I buy the Fabtech 3in lift spindles for the front and buy the Superlift 4in lift leaf pack for the rear and keep my shackles on the rear and do a slight TT adjustment, should this work out for an "even" lift? I want to clear 285/75/16 BFG All-Terrains on the stock rim.
Thanks,
Colton

Where did you find the fabtech spindle lift? I searched all over the place for stuff to lift my 99 sport and can't find anything

They may have quit making them. They quit offering a kit for my Toyota in 08-09. Since the thread is from 07 they may have done the same.

Where did you find the fabtech spindle lift? I searched all over the place for stuff to lift my 99 sport and can't find anything

I believe Doetsch still provides spindles. I have an '01 sport and just recently found these. I haven't bought them yet because I want to buy all of my components at once. I believe they still sell them because it is an option on their website. If you do buy them before me, please provide a thread with the process or some before and after pics

http://www.doetsch-shocks.com/9.asp

Back