need help finding intake for a 04 V6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need help finding intake for a 04 V6

ghoster

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island , NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Been looking everywhere and can't find any.
Most of the ones i see are for 02-03 and the ones that are for the 04 are for V8s:mad:

So does anyone know where i can find an intake for my 04 V6?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...go to the bottom of the forums page and click on kbabiak...;)

Been looking everywhere and can't find any.
Most of the ones i see are for 02-03 and the ones that are for the 04 are for V8s:mad:

So does anyone know where i can find an intake for my 04 V6?

I used a KKM and a K&N (02-03) and made one for an 04+

...go to the bottom of the forums page and click on kbabiak...;)
he sells intakes?

I used a KKM and a K&N (02-03) and made one for an 04+
yeah i looked at KKM and just the adaptor and filter is $135..kinda pricey

do you have any pics of your set-up?
I've seen at pepboys and autozone the adaptor for our MAF sensor for like 20 bucks, might buy that and a 02-03 K&N intake

...if it belongs on your truck, i believe he has it or can get it...he knows our trucks...;)

...i may be wrong but he is well worth the try....he is a good person and he is in pa....there are several threads on here about cai's and trying to find them for certain years....i would read up on those too...;)

afaik KKM is the only one made for 04+, and yes it's pricey for what it is. I really didn't like keeping the rest of my stock intake with it either.

If the pepboys adapter works, I would do that!

I had some pics of it somewhere, check my old posts.

u could just fab ur own... i spent about 35 bux on my intake from pepboys... its made out of cotton, the same material they use on the K&N filters, which makes it cleanable and reusable... i also did the throttle body mod from the stock explorers 2002-2005 area... ive got alot better throttle response and i can hear the extra air im getting for a little more horsepower... i just wash it every so thousand miles with K&N filter cleaner and oil... works like a charm...

2456765_30_full.jpg

bigapple: you have an 02... the 04's and up are designed different. The MAFS housing and the stock airbox is all one part and doesn't unscrew like yours... I wish it did! If I owned an 02-03 the FIRST thing I would buy for it would be the K&N FIPK kit.

bigapple: you have an 02... the 04's and up are designed different. The MAFS housing and the stock airbox is all one part and doesn't unscrew like yours... I wish it did! If I owned an 02-03 the FIRST thing I would buy for it would be the K&N FIPK kit.

oooooooooooo didnt notice the "04"... yea the way the airbox is that blows... well one thing that could be done though, if u dremel off the tube where the MAF is, u may be able to put a rubber pipe clamp over that and fab that to a filter... just get the imagination going although i must say its a pain in the ass with the newer intakes (04-05)

I got mine from KKM on Ebay - was 135 shipped, which will save you a few bucks over what you'd get straight off his website.

blitzk that looks drop down sexy! lol
but man i really can't waste that much money

dtholmanmax- i really don't understand why please call putting a reuseable air filter an "intake" what blitzh has is a REAL intake. nothing personal but i have noticed alot of members using the term intake and meaning just replacing the filter

BTW i just thought of this..temp. can't i just buy the 02-03 intake and cut the piece from the stock intake w/ MAF and use some couplings?
until i get $ to get the KKM adaptor

Yeah, you should be able to do that.

I really wish K&N would make one, not that I care much now... but it would be easy for them to make a plastic piece and add it to the kit.

blitzk that looks drop down sexy! lol
but man i really can't waste that much money

dtholmanmax- i really don't understand why please call putting a reuseable air filter an "intake" what blitzh has is a REAL intake. nothing personal but i have noticed alot of members using the term intake and meaning just replacing the filter

well they call it that cuz ur really altering ur intake... if i went out and bought another paper filter and replaced it in a stock airbox would that be considered an intake? probably not... saying u have a modified intake implies a cotton cone filter or some other form of cold air induction

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back