problem: Strange jump / shake 00 Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

problem: Strange jump / shake 00 Explorer

Andy123, Redman02...

Did you get the DPFE and install it? and most importantly DID IT MAKE A DIFFERENCE?

Thanks (and I will have another look, I was checking the passenger side near the transmission dipstick (doooooooooooh!).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Andy123, Redman02...

Did you get the DPFE and install it? and most importantly DID IT MAKE A DIFFERENCE?

Thanks (and I will have another look, I was checking the passenger side near the transmission dipstick (doooooooooooh!).

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey: kenora
On the first page of my post Andy says his 01 it is behind the oil dip stick, two hoses going to it. I read on another site it was below the dip stick and very bad position as to get to it. It would seem that these are in different places based on year and model.

The one I ordered is not yet here. But now that it is warmer it has not done it at all in the past three days. But it might not be the temp because it is a come and go problem on mine. It seems as I read about it in several places now that it gets worse over time for sure. As soon as I get it I will put it in but need to drive it a week to as make sure as it is still not a problem on my 2000 Sport. I will post after it is in and I have driven it for a while.

Later Man, Redman2

Seems since I have spent 80bucks and ordered the part. The last 120miles of driving having not changed the part...it has behaved normally (isent that always the way?)

It should be here on monday, I will change it then. I think having that part new might boost fuel economy.

Seems since I have spent 80bucks and ordered the part. The last 120miles of driving having not changed the part...it has behaved normally (isent that always the way?)

It should be here on monday, I will change it then. I think having that part new might boost fuel economy.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey Andy:

Yes that is how it goes for sure, mine the same thing 200 miles and warm now but has not acted up at all. I think ours is in the early stages of going out based on others comments I have read. Electrical things are the worst problem to trouble shoot. But you have to start some where and others comments leads us to start here, so here we go.:)

If you want you can check out my 1997 Grand Prix GTP-GTX
at: mnclubgp.com please feel free. Once in the site look at the top under garage go there and look for: Redman garage. I spent two years updating this fun little car including engine as I'm retired now going to be 55 soon. arrrrr.

Have a great weekend Andy and others as well.

Redman02

Problem solved! EGR)

Bump!

Problem solved! (EGR)

January 22, 2008

Hi to you all you out there.

I have come back to give all you an update on the problem I was having and the result so far. I ordered online an EGR valve and I put it on. Note, that on mine there are two vacuum lines and one electrical connector. I would recommend that you replace those two vacuum lines as they do not come with the part.
Note: that they are not the same size braided vacuum line. I took the unit out and matched the vacuum line up to the unit at my local auto parts store that sells it by the foot, only cost a few bucks. I noticed one of my vacuum lines was not tight and that also could cause problems. I put the new unit in over two weeks ago, no problems as of yet. It was a good test as mine acted up while snowing or cold weather. It has been very cold and snowing and 400+ miles later no problem.
Next thing I will be doing as it warms up is removing the stock air box and filter. Being I don’t have emission control here in this state I’m putting in a KFM cold air system ,it’s cheaper and better flow than KN is what I have been hearing so far.
While I’m tearing that apart I want to get rid of that low idle problem that sound like the engine is missing, while idling. When this happens it also brings on more vibration when idling to low. This can be done by taking the MAP apart and cleaning it. Do a search here as you must be very careful when cleaning it. If you can’t find the link send me a note I will see if I can find it for you.:)
Drive safe and have fun, Redman2

Hi: Everybody:

Just one last update here. I think now the problem was the EGR valve for sure. I have been driving it long enough from my last post that it would have presented it's self by now based on its past history.

Sure is nice to not have that going on and it was getting worse over time. Some have posted it caused them a broken engine mount. And it could cause KR and you could spin a main bearing in your motor or chip a piston, glad it is over.

Have a great weekend all, Redman02:)

Once again a happy Explorer owner!

Back