Problem with phillips 9007 headlight? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Problem with phillips 9007 headlight?

jimbo231

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer Sport
I bought some x-treme power bulbs and installed them today and noticed the one was really dim. I also noticed that on low beam both filimants were on. Can this be a defective bulb or is it a wiring problem. My other bulbs seemed to be ok.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Switch bulbs side to side, see if it follows the bulb or if it a wiring issue.

you have a bad ground connection either between headlights and body or body and chassis. if bulbs light up there's nothing wrong with them.

I checked and it's the bulb.....i'm getting a replacement sent. The guy where I bought it said it happened to another person and he's going to let phillips know.

I installed my old Sylvania 9007 to send back the bad bulb and the xtreme power are no brighter side by side. How come the new cars have so much brighter lights? My girlfriends 2010 elantra with stock bulbs kills the 9007 xtreme powers in my truck.

I installed my old Sylvania 9007 to send back the bad bulb and the xtreme power are no brighter side by side. How come the new cars have so much brighter lights? My girlfriends 2010 elantra with stock bulbs kills the 9007 xtreme powers in my truck.

Better power management, better bulbs, HID lighting... It's the wave of the future. if you want bright lights you can find a cheap HID kit for your truck on Ebay.

Back