Project Mud Bogger~ Opions Wanted | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Project Mud Bogger~ Opions Wanted

Ok i am wanting to turn my wimpy truck in to a Bad truck. I already have a 3" body Lift with 31"s.

My plans Include:

5.5" or 6" suspension Lift
Shackles and Coil Spacers
Perrys Fab-n-Fiber Fiberglass Fenders
35" Super swamper TSL's or Bogger's around 14.50 wide
Roof Rack Basket(already have one lined up)
Black Rockcrwlers 15x10 or 15x12

I plan on around 10 10.5 Inches of lift total (not including tires)

It seems like im forgetting something but i cant think of it right now. I want to have all of this done by Next Summer.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions or words of advise please let me know Thank you.

PEACE

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

4 door explorer + 10.5" of lift = YIKES

the reason to get the fiberglass is so you dont need to use the body lift, although it does look cool...

I am not saying dont do it, its all up to you, but just keep in mind an Explorer that tall is scary to drive, can be.

Also your front axle will have a hard time keeping up with those tires, also you will need to re-gear, likely 4.56 front and back for those tires.

those tires will last you 8 months or so on the street.

Yea i understand that bout the tires bout i will sacrifice wear for performance and the looks of those tires. Dont get me wrong im not going jsut for looks im going for funcuality to. I was also considering Ground Hawgs but im not sure. And i prolly wont even have to go with the Fiberglass fenders but i jsut think it would give my truck a little bit of a meaner look.

PEACE

Originally posted by XplorerKid
It seems like im forgetting something but i cant think of it right now. I want to have all of this done by Next Summer.

Yes you have!! The source of the $$$!!!!

well christmas is coming up along with a birthday and after christmas i plan on gettign a job =)

buying boggers for looks = it better be atrailer queen because they look like crap bald.

You see, boggers are made for bogging. You use them on the street and they wont even look "cool" after a month or so.

There are plenty of tires that look "cool" and aggressive while still providing good on road manners and wear.....

why not go solid. probolly just as much as the 6" lift and you would have a cooler set up.

well coryl is quite far away and i do not trust my brothers welds to do a solid plus all the steering and crap ?? i dont know if i could figure it out. Plus i dont think my dad will want me to tear my WHOLE front end out to install a solid axle ...

PEACE

a solid axle will certainly be less of a snowplow in mud... and there are alot of others that do fab work besides ones on this site

Why not MTRs or KMs. They will last a lot longer and they still look cool. You are going to need a a lot more ponies to turn boggers in the mud. Nirtrous is the cheepest. You should at least add a free flow air filter and cat back exaust, and maybe a chip.

Originally posted by unclemeat
Why not MTRs or KMs. They will last a lot longer and they still look cool. You are going to need a a lot more ponies to turn boggers in the mud. Nirtrous is the cheepest. You should at least add a free flow air filter and cat back exaust, and maybe a chip.

He already has that stuff. And I could just imagine him with nitrous:D None of it would be used on the trail!!:p

You're going to fund all of this on Xmas, bday, and a high school part time job? If you have ANY plans of going to college, bank your money in high school so you don't have to work during the school year.

Sorry, a 15 year old (with no income as of now) spending $3-4k on the build up of their truck just sounds dumb.

I've already spent too much dang $$$ on my truck. I got a little mod happy last spring and i'm $2-3k deep now and hurting for money

Originally posted by Hokie
You're going to fund all of this on Xmas, bday, and a high school part time job? If you have ANY plans of going to college, bank your money in high school so you don't have to work during the school year.

Sorry, a 15 year old (with no income as of now) spending $3-4k on the build up of their truck just sounds dumb.

I've already spent too much dang $$$ on my truck. I got a little mod happy last spring and i'm $2-3k deep now and hurting for money

I dont want to sound like an old man...but I agree totally. On my explorer I put a ton of money into crap that was useless, mainly stereo stuff, that I really never needed, it sure would be nice to have that 2k back in my pocket. But, if you think you will have enough time to make school money then by all means, build what you want, it is your truck.

If you are going to do it, get some cheap tires, like Cooper or the Dunlop Mudders, they are all the same thing.

Back