projectors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

projectors

when you buy a "projector" headlight assembly. Do they come with HIDs or do you have to buy separate?

I ask cause I see projector headlights to sale for under 200$ but most hid conversions cost that or more and thats just the bulb!

I want to buy a pair for another car and canibalize them forthe projector to put on my x.

Also can you use regular halogens in projectors?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

u actually need hid projectors to take full advantage of hid's. better cutoff and less glare to other drivers. not sure how halogen projectors are.

I have a 92 and I was thinking about buyin a projector for a fox body mustang (170$ ish)and tearing it apart for the projector. Then I was gonna fit that in the 92's housing and there you go. But I just bought a set of diamond clear headlights so I'll just go with those for now.

I had another idea yesterday about taking apart the stock headlights and trying to sand down those annloying light dispersion ridges. I'll try it with my stockers once the diamond clears go in, if it works I may try the projectors in those as a side project. Maybe stick those in my dads X.

Thank guys for the help

Ps so do you have to have a different projector for halogens thanHIDs? Are they interchangeable? I ask cause if I get the projectors in my stockers I might have to use halogens till a save money for a HID kit. I don't want the 75$ kit that just don't sound kosher. Oh anddo you need bixenons with projectors or does the projector itself move?

Back