Pulley Pulling? Need some Tips and advice. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pulley Pulling? Need some Tips and advice.

SwaintaN

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Carey, Ohio (Georgia Grown)
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
Ok looking at changing over to an under drive pulley when i yank the fan. how do you pull the main pulley out and replace? looking for tools and tips on how to do this.. thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

can you do it with motor in, also will it throw anything off, besides belt size?

this is what im wanting to install

$T2eC16dHJHIE9nysfCP5BQ8)z3GP6w~~60_12.jpg

i have the aldive thread pulled up. its gotta be similar.. pretty much same lay out. i guess what ill have to do is measure the belt though, im running a non a/c conversion motor bay, so ill be short the one pulley already so shorter belt already. plus im running a 130 amp alternator already, so drain shouldnt be a problem, it has the big 3+ wiring.

i saw that to, so hoping its all right. now ill just havta measure my belt minus 2.5" so ill have right belt as soon as it goes on... hopefully with under pulley, hhr fan and bbk tb, might tweak out some mpg and hp, main thought right now on this is the under pulley

Back