Pulling my hair out: Need advice on used EX | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pulling my hair out: Need advice on used EX

I am going to be very honest and blunt...if you buy a 2011 explorer after all you have read through this forum - you are an absolute idiot. And I mean that. Source: 2011 Ford XLT Owner

you are an absolute idiot. And I mean that. Source: Reading your post.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry.... One too many Scotch.....

Make you read the TSB section on this forum and ensure all the updates have been done as part of your deal.

if its got MFT check the MFT to make sure its v3.5.1 and nav card is A4

I was going to ask where to find the version number for the mft?

Was there many TSBs for the 13 models? I looked them over and it appeared to be pre 12 build dates. I did notice there a few tsb that had no build dates. Does that mean for all models?

Thanks again for the help!

Quickest way would be to pop out the SD card and if its A4 then likely the MFT is v3.5.1

To be sure if you go into settings on MFT and pick software information it will have its there

Look on this forum for the big 2013 TSB issues, there only a couple

.......Hope we can come to an agreement by monday, I got emotionally involved. Also sold me on the maintaince plan as it had under 20000km. I passed on the extended warranty. It is an ex rental, but it was hard to imagine considering the condition it was in. A non rental is out of my price range.

Will post some pics if it all works out.
Thanks again for all the helpfull posts.
Personally, I think I would have passed on the maintenance and bought the extended warranty if I only had 1 choice.
Good luck though. Hope it all works out.

Peter

Quickest way would be to pop out the SD card and if its A4 then likely the MFT is v3.5.1

To be sure if you go into settings on MFT and pick software information it will have its there
Look on this forum for the big 2013 TSB issues, there only a couple
Are you sure about that. I tried looking there once and it didn't tell me much of anything that matched what was on my www.syncmyride.com account info. A4 card was part of V3.5.1 upgrade.

Peter

As a DIY mechanic, I have never paid for labour on a car. I know that there will be issues with me doing my own brakes/oil changes. It seemed like a pain free way to have the usual wear items replaced when needed with out cringing. Hopefully it was a good choice.

Plus I see a sport in my future 5 years from now. :)

I tried to look in the settings really quick but didnt see anything.

It did have the temp display beside the clock. Im not sure if that is a new or old feature. I seem to rember reading some disapointment about it being gone.

Well almost pulled the trigger. Looked at the '12 limited 301a pak but thankfully my wife held off to see a sterling grey '13 xlt 202a /20" alloys with only 18000km. Sad i dont fet my limited gadgets but this xlt was in amazing condition. It rode much better then the 12 and it is a '13 like you all have been beating into my head :).

Hope we can come to an agreement by monday, I got emotionally involved. Also sold me on the maintaince plan as it had under 20000km. I passed on the extended warranty.

It is an ex rental, but it was hard to imagine considering the condition it was in. A non rental is out of my price range.

Will post some pics if it all works out.
Thanks again for all the helpfull posts.

So, what was the verdict, machine4321? Is there a new Explorer sitting in your garage yet? ;)

Crystal

Picking up a 2013 xlt/202a with nav, roof, and tow pack, tomorrow. It has been a long week waiting. It it slightly used at 18000km.

Very excited.

On a side note, how on earth is it possible that I signed up for sync my ride and ordered the A4 nave card at 8pm last night and it was delivered to my house today at 11:55pm? That seems incredible to me as I live in Canada.

Pretty impressive!!

Back