pulling my hair out | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

pulling my hair out

as far as i know that device is to cool the fuel before it goes through the fuel pump, like recycling fuel that came back from the fuel rail, its directly in the fuel line before you get to the high pressure pump on the frame rail.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so this is fun, stupid thing is still trying to stall on me, not as bad though, im thinking about moving the heatsink up to the front radiator support. I also think im getting radio interference bk it has a slight miss now, guess i need to sheild my wires. this is such a nightmare

I had an electrical problem that took a long time to fix. It would drive fine and then cut out. It never left me stranded cause it would eventually fire back up.
I eventually found the problem.
I was working on the steering column right behind the steering wheel and had to take off the plastic cover. There were two screws that held the halves on.
While I was working on the blinker switch I just barely touched this wiring harness that was on the right hand side of column. Darn if the engine died on me. Would not start. Then I just touched the harness again and it fired up.
The problem was one of the halves was on the bottom and any slightest bump or wiggle, it would slip down and make for an open circuit. You could not even notice it, I mean maybe only a 1/16 or two. I just wrapped a tie strap around it and never looked back.
Then I found others have had the same thing happen.
Would not take much time to check that connection out. It's the one that has all the ignition wires in it. Just wiggle it while he engine is running.
Now mine was an 84.

thanks ill check that out. this problem specifically happens when its hot outside, im still sure its the tfi module but im not sure how i could fix it any better than i have, silly ford ignition modules, lol. btw congrats on your recent Moderator status, my buddy Heath is the for sale mod, i don't really envy you guys your job

yeah i pulled my steering apart, the wires didn't cause the prob, but it certainly gave me a chance to tighten up my steering column which has been rattling like a tin can, thanks bud

Back