• Register Today It's free!

Punk newb from texas

1badfox

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 exploder 6 shooter
What's up guys? New guy checking in, just purchased my first Explorer yesterday. It's a 93 2wd 4.0 60,000 original miles and purchased from the original owner. It's currently my daily driver. She isn't much to look at now but there are major plans in the works. I'm a long time Ford man through and through, having owned 8 mustangs in the past. Looking forward to modding my first Exploder!

1cb1501c.jpg

4442288e.jpg

And ofcourse I have to post pics of my mustang. :)

800a18d5.jpg

e91ae177.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey welcome. I started with a 93 as well. We had it about ten years with no major problems with it. Just this last year upgraded to a newer one with the v8. If you take care of it, which it looks like it has been, that 93 should last a while.

Hey welcome. I started with a 93 as well. We had it about ten years with no major problems with it. Just this last year upgraded to a newer one with the v8. If you take care of it, which it looks like it has been, that 93 should last a while.

Good to know! Yea, it looks to have been very well maintained. I know I plan on hanging on to it for a while. I really enjoy driving it. I've got a cowl hood, new rims, and a new headunit in the mail. :)

Hey dude, welcome! Ex is in nice shape, love the notchback. Had a white notchback '87 5.0 back in the day. Did not have that chunk of crazyness poking out of the hood however... how does it run in the quarter mile?

Hey dude, welcome! Ex is in nice shape, love the notchback. Had a white notchback '87 5.0 back in the day. Did not have that chunk of crazyness poking out of the hood however... how does it run in the quarter mile?

Thanks man. The notch isn't quite finished yet. I only lack a blower idler pulley and a blower belt to fire it off. I expect a low 10 sec 1/4. Haven't driven it in 6 months and it's killing me. Would have been running by now had I bought a kit but I decided to fabricate my own kit. Building one of these blowers basically from scratch involves a steep learning curve.

Heres the blower the day I brought it home

b21e8de7.jpg

00105bf3.jpg

welcome. that X is so mint, good find!

Wow sweet stang man , i had alot of friends that built fast street stangs , well still have a few , Speaking of FI , I own a 89 Thunderbird Super Coupe , Blown bottom end of motor , has 130k orig miles , thinking of building a 4.0 Super coupe explorer since i have the whole Car ,
Nice Explorer for sure With That Mileage and year , Looking Forward to Seeing it Transform !! ,

Welcome To the site as well, You can find some Helpful info On This Site Easily , Thats why i stay a member when i don't even use my (navajo) but Doesnt look like one

A supercoupe swapped x would be pretty sick.
On my old 01 mustang v6 I used a supercoupe bottom and built a blower manifold to mount an 03-04 cobra m112 blower.

newsupercharger.jpg

Welcome to the forum! Stellar rides! :wavey:

I had to give up the Foxbody hobby, ran out of checks... :D

I hung on to mine an extra 3 years just to make sure I wouldn't regret selling... I tend to get attached to vehicles. Had it 17 years.

A supercoupe swapped x would be pretty sick.
On my old 01 mustang v6 I used a supercoupe bottom and built a blower manifold to mount an 03-04 cobra m112 blower.

newsupercharger.jpg

What would be even better if you Looked at my pics and then pictured that SC on there on the street, from a red light stop to 55 mph people who knew that SC whine would Be Scratching there head or droping jaws , thats what i'm about , and i can tell your the same , i think i see a trick up your sleeve Coming down the road with your X !!

What would be even better if you Looked at my pics and then pictured that SC on there on the street, from a red light stop to 55 mph people who knew that SC whine would Be Scratching there head or droping jaws , thats what i'm about , and i can tell your the same , i think i see a trick up your sleeve Coming down the road with your X !!

You may be right!! I'd install a blower on my lawnmower if the wife would let me. Lol ;) I was thumbing through the site and saw the m62 swap thread. Great idea, but that blower is just too small for these engines. Perhaps in the future when I get the fox done and a the x up to my standards it will receive an m112.

That is some nice install on the blown six. Very neat. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

I knew i had a feeling of another m90 or better build coming soon , looking forward to the m112 !!

That is some nice install on the blown six. Very neat. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Thanks man.

I knew i had a feeling of another m90 or better build coming soon , looking forward to the m112 !!

Yup, itll happen. I'm in no rush though, I've got the fox to keep myneed for speed in check. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What part of Tx you in if you don't mind me asking ? , i worked in Dallas Arlington Austin And Corpus Christi , i also lived on lake Bridgeport for a few months , i liked it out there , but that heat kills you when you work on Roofs like i do for 10-14 Hrs a day

Back