• Register Today It's free!

pwr window issue

wildcat4x

Reaction score
City, State
Portland Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 eddie bauer, 95 ranger
First, thank you all for all the help over the years, this is the first time I have had to come back to the forum because the problem was not completely resolved. It started early today with the door ajar light and interior lights staying on. windows all worked, running board lights stayed on with vehicle off and doors closed. I read this thread, and went out to my '99 EB X armed with a can of WD40 and Permatex silicone spray lubricant, tried to lower all the windows and now the drivers rear would not go down, I decide to check the door switches anyway and worry about the window later. Process of elimination turns that the same drivers rear door is the culprit of my door ajar light. A few seconds into fogging every nook and cranny around that door latch I actually hear the switch click! I close and open the door a few times and viola! the light is working properly, but the window still is not working. from the front or rear controls all the others work properly. Also of note is that the automatic door locking ceased at the very same time the door ajar light came on. That system is now working again as well. So where do I go from here? Ground wire in rear door, relay, or something else???

Back