QUESTION ABOUT 2000 LIFT KIT | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

QUESTION ABOUT 2000 LIFT KIT

Gage, how much will you be getting rid of your TM kit for? I am very interested if you are willing to give a good deal....its not like you have been promoting the thing AT ALL!!! lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How hard would it be to make brakets for the bumpers if I used the Ranger Lift kit?

Lift

I donno! I am waiting for some info on the superlift . And really depends on how much the front only kit is from SL. I should kit it soon.

Depends on how nice you want it to look. I went for safety and used 1/4" steel and some welding. I will post some pics in elite to day with some close up of my bumpers, ok. Then you can make up your own mind. Also you will have big gaps in the eng. compartment and rear. It sucks when you go through mud. FYI

Would you suggest a AAL or shackles instead of a body lift if all I want is a few inches?

Hey gage keep us posted on your qeust for the super lift. I would like to know what they will sell the front part of the lift for, i would like to go soa and i think the super lift up front would be kinda nice.

Would you suggest a AAL or shackles instead of a body lift if all I want is a few inches?

If all you want is 2" then do a Torsion Twist and Warrior shackles. For $50(shackles) and an alignment (TT) you have a 2" lift.

If you are seriously interested in the SL follow my sig link to the superlift write up I did in there. Read it so you know what to expect.

As for the front shaft I don't care what kit you run if you drop that front diff 3 or 4 inches you better get the shaft lengthened and a new joint put on the t-case end or your asking for it. I got both shafts lengthened and the front one with a new flange for $400. Be prepared to spend more than just the cost of the kit.

The front shaft has a realy crapy CV style flange at the t-case end. Much more angle than factory and it will bind. You could be ok and but a u-joint or you could bust a pinion, or the entire diff housign ($$$). SO cought it up and get one made.

I am not knocking this kit, it has been well for me and has held up well, just be prepared to do it right.

Im not a super mechanic so...

When you say put a new joint on the transfer case end could you be more specific. I purchased a custom made front shaft would i have aquired on of these new joints or would i have to specifically reqeust one?

What happens when binding occurs?

thanks for your patience and time
jesse

No problem. You best bet is to find a reputable driveshaft shop in your area and have them take a look and see what they should do. The CV joint at the transfer case from the factory is very chincy. THey made me a flange and put a regular u-joint on it.

Back