• Register Today It's free!

new 95-2000 lift kit

95eXplorerXLT

Reaction score
City, State
Greenville SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
ok i was just browsing around on 4wheelparts.com when i went into the suspension lift section and i saw where it said trailmaster had a new explorer lift kit...i was like oh my god finally....so here's the deal...FINALLY, they made one...its for 95-2000 Explorers w/ 4wd, 4" lift with shocks all that for a MSRP of 2,095.95, they have them for 1, 449.95....so just passin along some info...peace...chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dead Link Removed

That's pretty interesting. I wonder if there are any differences in the kit's for 95-97's and 98+ Explorers. There should be.

it's only bolt on for the 98-00 but for the 95-97 it requires cutting off the torsion brackets cuz they are welded to the frame

But it's only for the 4 wheelers... I wonder what modifications would need to be made for it to fit a 2 wheeler. I wonder how bad cutting off the torsion bar mounts would be.

Originally posted by Stephen S
But it's only for the 4 wheelers... I wonder what modifications would need to be made for it to fit a 2 wheeler. I wonder how bad cutting off the torsion bar mounts would be.

It said that the kit included add leafs. So does that mean that it won't work for sports?

what u could do is soa in the rear keep the torsion twist with the trailmaster lift and have 5 1/2 inch lift

Anybody know what Trailmaster's webiste is?? I'd like to see if the lift is there yet.

go to 4x4central.com and look at featured explorers and u can see the lift on the explorer looks good

Thanks CMartin, but I'd like to see the kit laid out so I can see the parts. I'm not sure if they'll have that on their website, but I wanted to check. I've seen the Explorer you're talking about, but thanks anyway.

Gage, thanks man.

LIFT

GLAD TO HELP!

Re: LIFT

Originally posted by gage
GLAD TO HELP!

Hey Gage, Your truck looks sweet. Where did you get your lift? Did you use the lift that
4wheelparts is offering?

Trailmaster doesn't have the lift kit listed on their website yet. Is it possible that 4wheelparts has a typo and they really meant 98 - 00 4x4 Explorers? Cause that lift has been out a little while.

I would think that it would be for 98+ "X's"

As far as my lift goes it was on the truck when I bought it.
Sorry, TM does not seam to keep up with there web site. The best thing to do is call. Keep in mind that some of us have had a ton of problems with drive shafts. Check the story out in the suspension forum. also look at the page with the Ranger super lift kit on it. I forget his name? it seams like it might be a better way to go!!!it should be right around the page on driveshaft issues.

Thanks for the input on my truck! I have been trying to clean it up a bit. Yet have fun to.

Tim!

Originally posted by NoBoundaries
Dead Link Removed

That's pretty interesting. I wonder if there are any differences in the kit's for 95-97's and 98+ Explorers. There should be.

That is precisely why I asked you that question...you know about the setups and the years...Superlift just sent a new product insert to my friend who owns the 4x4 store.(well last month) grrr he never said a word to me...just put it in his book and laid the others out as brochures.... I wanted to clunk him

Karol

sorry guys

Don't get too excited the lift is for the 4wd Sport trac and it is from Superlift (I'm not talkin Trailmaster) He looked at the lift....its components... looked under my truck....measured....hhmmmd and hhaahhhed ....and still says...maybe.... nothing you do to the 95-96 will be absolutely made out there but he seems to think this kit may be the absolute closed you could get to it ...We'll see...

Karol

can't keep stock torsion bars

you can not keep your stock torsion bars/lift and combine it with a new lift......as the old torsion bars are now junk

Re: sorry guys

Originally posted by ExplorerEB96
Don't get too excited the lift is for the 4wd Sport trac and it is from Superlift (I'm not talkin Trailmaster) He looked at the lift....its components... looked under my truck....measured....hhmmmd and hhaahhhed ....and still says...maybe.... nothing you do to the 95-96 will be absolutely made out there but he seems to think this kit may be the absolute closed you could get to it ...We'll see...

Karol

Hopefully the superlift sport trac kit will just bolt up to the 98 - 00 Xs with no problem since explorers share the front end with a ranger. Only thing I think thats differnet from the superlift ranger kit is the shocks and SOA rear susp from reading Stadx2 ranger kit thread. The shocks should be the right length and the SUA arched springs should be fine for 4" It seems the only thing with the 95 to 97 is the torsion bar mounts which need to be modded.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try a search on the site. This has been brought up before. A few of us also though that their site had a typo and even went as far as emailing 4wheelparts. They sent us back an email saying that it CAN be made to fit the 95-00.

Steven.....check out Fabtechs spindles. I've seen 00 XLT lifted at 4wheelparts(though I didn't notice it was 2wd till I got home) and it was heck of sharp. Go for it. :)

Back