Question for Florida residents about Ford ESP | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question for Florida residents about Ford ESP

phreaky_d

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Ford Explorer Ltd.
Hey, guys...so I've recently bought my new 2012 Ex and I've been shopping around and researching the Ford PremiumCare ESP. I plan on keeping my Ex for at least several years, and I'm therefore considering the 7-year/100k or 125k plan. My dealer quoted me an outrageous $3,075 for the plan and I had a quote over the phone directly from the Ford ESP phone number for about $2,200. After searching a few threads on here and Google, I found even cheaper prices from Zeigler, Flood, and Troy Fords for around $1,200...MUCH better than what I've been quoted!

Now here's the catch...I'm in Florida and at least one of the online Ford sites stated they can't sell the discounted ESP to Florida residents due to some Florida law. So have any of you Florida residents been able to get around this somehow and get cheap rates for your ESPs? Do any of you know what the particular law is? I don't want to have to spend any more than I have to and I've seen much cheaper rates for these ESPs at around $1,200. If I can avoid it, I don't want to have to pay any more than that!

Back