question on hooking up amp for subs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

question on hooking up amp for subs

Phi 844

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pinellas Park, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
Ok guys and galls, here's my problem. I am trying to hook up the amp for my subs with the factory head unit. I have the converter to use RCA's to the amp, but I don't know were to hook the converter up to. Can I hook it up to the speaker wires coming from the HU or do I have to hook it up to the speaker wires coming off the factory amp? If any one can help me out that would be great. I've tried searching but haven't come up with much so hopefully one of you can help me out.

~Andy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I used the one coming from the head unit. You have to splice three wires, the ones going to the speakers, one to the new amp, and one to the head unit.

Thanks for the quick reply and for helping me out. I'll try that tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks.

~Andy

it doesn't matter, as long as you get the polarity right

i ran mine on the back speakers and deverted the back speakers through an filter wich keeps the bass out of them. it works pretty decent, though i neeed an HU with an high uotput on the pre-amps to really get my zapco's to go...

Did ya get it to work Andy?

Back