• Register Today It's free!

Questions about Rear Dual Shocks

Mat R

Reaction score
City, State
Woodinville(and all of western)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'85
Well, I have my Superlift 5.5" installed now, and I'm already thinking about custom ways to tweak it. I've already decided to fab my own longer radius arms and go with dual shocks in the front, but I wanted to see what everyone had to say about the benefits of rear dual shocks.

I'm figuring the way in which I will come up with enough space to mount the extra shocks is by getting rid of the rear sway bar. Do rear duals actually control sway as much as single shocks and a sway bar or is that pretty much bull?

Also, per each side do the two shocks need to be mounted side by side and at the exact same angle, or would they still work, if I had them at slightly different angles, but compensated by making sure they had space to move and the lengths were correct.(Hope that makes sense)

Thanks for anye help,
Mat

echoooooo....

C'mon people I need some help here.

Mat

I don't know that I can help you much but check out pictures of Ricks rig. He used to have duals in the rear but has since gone back to single's. He also used RS9000's instead of whichever shock is listed on there. I think often times its better to run them at the same angle but I honestly do not know. Your best bet might be to go to a 4x4 fab shop or call one up and see what they think.

Back