questions about wheels on 2002 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

questions about wheels on 2002 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4

ghost93

Reaction score
City, State
Hickory,NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford explorer xlt
Ok so i have a set of wheels for my 2002 Ford Explorer XLT.The stock wheels i have now are P235/70R/16 and there about 9 maybe 9 n a quarter inches wide.My wheels that i want to put on it are 305/40R 22 114v and there about 11 inches wide.Will i have any troubles just putting them on?Will they rub or will i have to cut my wheel well out a bit or need a lift? Havnt tried it just yet just seeing if anyone with a little more knowledge would know anything.Thank you in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's likely they will rub but I'm not sure.

I did the calculations it may fit but going to mostly depend upon the rim specs i.e. offset backset etc.

You could also read the FAQ at the top of the other page you posted on ;-)

I did the calculations it may fit but going to mostly depend upon the rim specs i.e. offset backset etc.

Thanks man.I mean there hard to describe and im not really familliar on what im talking about refering to rims lol.Ill try n maybe post some pics? lol.

You could also read the FAQ at the top of the other page you posted on ;-)

Alright will do lol.Just wanted to get it widespread so as many people as possible would see lol.

Ghost, somewhere there is a thread that has info on wheel backspacing and offset... I really think those are going to the critical factors in your application. I'll try to find it too. Take care.

I figured itd be best just to tell you the type then to try n upload pics lol.All the ones i find so far are 6 lug patterns n 20'' mine are actually a 5 lug pattern and they are called GEAR ALLOY 713MB DOUBLE PUMP 22''

Just wanted to get it widespread so as many people as possible would see lol.
Please don't post duplicate threads. The other one has been deleted.

Please don't post duplicate threads. The other one has been deleted.

My bad just wanted to get people that stayed in stock forrum to see.n people that stayed in custom forrum to see....:salute::salute:

Back