Questions on clear corners | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Questions on clear corners

I'm looking into gettin some clear corners for my X. Are they street legal if I keep the amber bulbs in? Also where is the best place online to buy them... I was searching on ebay but all they have are procarparts.com's corners and i hear there ompany isn't to realiable. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think procarparts repuation has been tinted in the past, but they were very reliable when I ordered from them several weeks ago. My clears came in two days after i sent my payment through paypal.

Search for clears corners your find more info.

About procarparts, I just bought a set of clears from them via ebay. They shipped them quite fast. They gave me good feed back already, but I will wait until i get them before i give any feed back. Total including shipping was around 45 dollars.

Btw, some guys spray paint the bulbs silver. Or they buy them already done. I read this will prevent that orange reflection that some claim. I will have to wait unitl i get mine to find out.

Luck to ya,

Paul.

oem clear corners

fellows

you can buy oem clear corners thru any ford dealer in the united kingdom.

they take a little more effort, but the quality is outstanding.

i was going to do this but decided to trade my '00.

procarparts and inproauto have **** reputations because of the "crap" they sell.

www.performanceproducts.com also sells them.

if you want to be unique and have oem, ford u.k.

peter

I dunno if its different by state, but what color do the bulbs have to be? And which bulbs have to be orange?just the turning? I'm in virgnia.

Hey you're in Fairfax Virginia, I'm so close to you man, I live in Arlington Virginia, we should get together sometime and chill, but anyways, yeah, the bulbs for turning signal have to be amber, I have hyperwhites on mine, but local polices don't say **** about that, it's just the state polices that will be saying stuff to you but it's up to you how feel about it. If you want to stay legal go with amber. Let's just say that amber is the only legal color here in Virginia, you can have white but amber's the one that was preferrable. Any questions, just ask.

I dunno the correct term for it, but what about the actual corner lights. The ones that dont blink, what color do they have to be? And the explorer has 2 turning lights, for the right side of the car (facing it) they are on the right and above. Do both have to be amber? And how often do people get pulled over or whatnot for not having amber bulbs?

I got mine from PacificIE.com. They are a very good company and very reliable. The only thing is that mine have started to turn a little brown (common problem with clears), so you'll just have to clean them out with a little cleaner every now and then to keep them looking good.

Also, if you put the amber bulbs back in, it'll look like the stock lenses are in. What you do is you put a light coat of high temp silver paint on the bulbs, that way you will see no amber when the lights are off, but they'll still blink amber. I have done this and cops have not given me a second glance. Good luck!

would that cleaner work with the headlights too? my left one is really brown. And which cleaner?

Greddy, yea we can meetup sometime.

where would you get the oem ones, xlt-sport?

timmy

probably the easiest place to get oem's would be go to

www.ford.co.uk , go to dealer locater , get an e-mail address, e-mail them re the corners, and see what they say. i think the brits call them "indicators".

i'm not completely sure the new explorer is uk spec, it probably is.

let me know what you find out. the ONLY way i'll get them is if they are oem.

you can see the new explorer"japanese spec" if you search my posts, i found a place with some pictures of it.

pretty cool.

peter

timmy

probably the easiest place to get oem's would be go to

www.ford.co.uk , go to dealer locater , get an e-mail address, e-mail them re the corners, and see what they say. i think the brits call them "indicators".

i'm not completely sure the new explorer is uk spec, it probably is.

let me know what you find out. the ONLY way i'll get them is if they are oem.

you can see the new explorer"japanese spec" go to this link Dead Link Removed

pretty cool.

peter

Back