• Register Today It's free!

Quick double din radio Question

OLDJIMMYBONES

Reaction score
City, State
LI, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer XLT
I replaced my stock radio with a aftermarket kvt715, and it just got stolen i was looking a a new kenwood radio like a ddx6019

will a double din radio fit in my 98 xlt?

i just dont want to buy it and find out im off by a half an inch

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You will be off by a little bit, to get the best look you will have to shave the bezel a little bit. Or you can take a look around crutchfield or some other audio places for a double-din kit, i believe scosche makes one...

And I think its safe to say that you are no longer a new member Jim :thumbsup:

thanks

And I think its safe to say that you are no longer a new member Jim :thumbsup:

yea but i figure its better to ask the stupid questions over here, so i dont look retarted askin a q's like this in the audio part of the board

ha! welcome to my world... ask a question no matter how it sounds. just do it in the right place so that people like Steve can answer you intelligently and not make you feel like a boob. :)

ha! welcome to my world... ask a question no matter how it sounds. just do it in the right place so that people like Steve can answer you intelligently and not make you feel like a boob. :)

hha EXACTLY

Brooklyn, sometimes people don't realize that we don't all know the technical language used in these vast areas. So, we have to follow up with a question of, "What does that mean?" And 99% of the responses are fair and positive, but one or two will be like, "Whaaa?? You don't know?" And you can get embarrassed. Most aren't intentional, but for the few that are, they put people in awkward positions. I think we need for OJB to use WTF?? a little more often :) (jk)

Back