Quick question on wiring...

Afboy143

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Tampa,FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Theoretically it should push about 800 mono at 2 Ohms. However the specs don't state that it would be stable at that load. By running it at 2 Ohms bridged mono the amp is seeing it as a 1 Ohm load. You could however wire in an appropriate sized coil to bring the load back up to 4 Ohms.

Theoretically it should push about 800 mono at 2 Ohms. However the specs don't state that it would be stable at that load. By running it at 2 Ohms bridged mono the amp is seeing it as a 1 Ohm load. You could however wire in an appropriate sized coil to bring the load back up to 4 Ohms.

hmm is there anywhere I can buy this "coil" or do you mean get the approriate subwoofer coil? I am stuck with the above scenario ...

You amp will probably get very hot. It will probably distort. It will probably go into protect mode (if it has one) And if driven hard enough for long enough it will cook itself. But give it a try and let us know what happens. lol The less you turn up the gain the less likely it will have problems. I don't know if it is just me but your link does not work. What kind of amp is it.

hmm is there anywhere I can buy this "coil" or do you mean get the approriate subwoofer coil? I am stuck with the above scenario ...

Most stereo shops should have them. Don't think your average Best Buy or Circuit City will though.

Back