Quick Quetsion: 99 OHV, reusuable upper intake gasket? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Quick Quetsion: 99 OHV, reusuable upper intake gasket?

ragajungle

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
89 BroncoII & 05 Taurus
Well as long as my Bronco II is down I may as well do something useful....so on to the OTHER broken truck. I wanna do Valve Covers on my 99 x sport OHV. It looks like the best way to tackle this would be to pull the upper intake.

Is the upper gasket/s reusable?

FYI the Ex has been sitting waiting to save up to install my new tranny (no Rev) valve covers are toast.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well as long as my Bronco II is down I may as well do something useful....so on to the OTHER broken truck. I wanna do Valve Covers on my 99 x sport OHV. It looks like the best way to tackle this would be to pull the upper intake.

Is the upper gasket/s reusable?

FYI the Ex has been sitting waiting to save up to install my new tranny (no Rev) valve covers are toast.

When I did my valve cover gaskets there was an upper intake included.

Felpro?

Update: yes the Felpro PN for the 99 OHV valve cover gasket kit comes with the upper intake set.

I belive they are not. there cheap so why even try as its just one more spot that could trun into a vacuum leak if you do reuse them.

Back