• Register Today It's free!

quick stop rear end slide

mark_98xp

Reaction score
City, State
Kingsport, Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98sport
when I'm driving along a 2-lane and the traffic light ahead of me says to stop just when i barely have enough time to my rear end on my 98 sport feels like it is gonna come through the front end after i have almost come to a stop. What is happening? IS it part drive shaft yoke and or maybe the crappy designed mono-leaf spring design my 98 ex sport has?

If you mean a thunk and a bump it is the slip yoke on the front of the drive shaft. There is a tsb on it. It involves replacing the dried up grease on the splines. Ford has a kit that includes the grease and boot bands. I used moly grease on my and have not had a problem for a year and a half. It is because of spring wrap-up in the mono-leaf. TSB 04-23-07

Scucci

If you mean a thunk and a bump it is the slip yoke on the front of the drive shaft. There is a tsb on it. It involves replacing the dried up grease on the splines. Ford has a kit that includes the grease and boot bands. I used moly grease on my and have not had a problem for a year and a half. It is because of spring wrap-up in the mono-leaf. TSB 04-23-07

Scucci

thanks Scucci. I read the TSB and i will git r done. peace

Back