Radio Bezel Swap -- What do I need? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Radio Bezel Swap -- What do I need?

Pjibs

Reaction score
City, State
Wittenberg University
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Sport Trac XLT 4x4
Hey guys,

I've been looking into the mood on adding the second fog light switch by swapping out the radio bezels from an earlier ford model. I have located in my areas 'you pull and pay' the correct bezel I need to made this swap happen. The thing is though, I don't know what exactly I'll need to take out of car in order to make sure I can pull off this mod. What I want to do is to be able to hook up my aux. lights that I just ordered to the extra switch. Is all I need to "pull" is the bezel and the button? Or do I need to trace wires and dig them out too?

Thanks for any advice, kinda a novice if ya haven't noticed haha :p:
J.B.

You need a 2nd Gen Explorer bezel from a '95-01 Ex or Mounty. Just cut the wires about 6" from the switch on the foglight switch, unplug the pigtails for the rear wiper, defroster and cigarette lighter. You'll need a 7mm socket for the two screws below the radio. The new (used) bezel will have the foglight switch in it so you won't need to buy a new one. Check out my sticky on the swap.

Back