Ran out of gas today! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ran out of gas today!

Mine has a 3/2011 build date, I have the kit under my seat and a spare tire with factory tow.

20150913_105413_zps9hjz5iea.jpg
You guys are 100% correct. I was mistaken.

What I may have been thinking was they included the compressor and sealant on Tow Package equipped vehicles because the tire is labeled "Temporary Use Only", and may not have sufficient capacity for additional towing loads.

But yes, there is a spare in mine, too. And the emergency spout is clipped to the bodywork, under a lip, just to the rear of the tire.

And yes, the "mobility kit" was discontinued after the first year or two. I've never used mine. I had a couple nails in tires, but the leaks were slow enough that I could drive the Explorer to a tire shop for repairs.

What I may have been thinking was they included the compressor and sealant on Tow Package equipped vehicles because the tire is labeled "Temporary Use Only", and may not have sufficient capacity for additional towing loads.

But yes, there is a spare in mine, too. And the emergency spout is clipped to the bodywork, under a lip, just to the rear of the tire.

And yes, the "mobility kit" was discontinued after the first year or two. I've never used mine. I had a couple nails in tires, but the leaks were slow enough that I could drive the Explorer to a tire shop for repairs.

:thumbsup:

Glad you didn't get screwed out of a spare tire lol. I was envisioning a major uphill battle with that one that you wouldn't win... haha :thumbsup:

Back