Mcane6

Reaction score
City, State
Carrollton, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 sport 4x4
which one would be the better to go with the Rancho 5000 or
Pro Comp 3000?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the Pro Comps. They're good shocks, on and offroad. Probably not near as soft as a shock designed for road use only but still provide a nice ride. I think the Rancho's and Pro Comp's are about equal in stiffness.

Likewise, I enjoy my pro comp 3000 shocks. Anything is better than stock to me, especially after 100 thousand miles on stock shocks. Just find you a good deal and go with it.

I too would like to see the merits of these to shocks compared by a few of you experienced folk. The debate has been raging for a year now in my mind.
I tend to lean toward the rancho performance, but I prefer the price and color scheme of the pro comp. Of course I have never ridden in a vehicle that I knew had one or the other.

I did ride with Albino94LTD with his Edelbrock IAS and it handles awesome on road, don't know about off.

Yeah i have 133K on my X and the shocks are definitly shot and i was getting some suggestions And i too lean toward Pro Comp BC of the price but i like the Rancho too

What is the size of the stock shock for the X???
Or what size do i need to look for when i do replace them?

I vote bilstein

Back