Ranger 88

maddogwillie

Reaction score
City, State
colorado springs, colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
1988 Ford Ranger XLT 2.9
Hello

I have been looking at all the threads here on the a4ld and it is amazing. I currently have an 88 ford ranger 4wd. It has the 2.9 and an a4ld. I am getting ready to tear into this thing because it has been sitting a couple of years due to lack of funds to fix it. Now that I have a teenager old enough to drive I figure it is time for me to start fixing up my ranger. I am looking at probably a little bit of time to do it because like most people don't have the funds to just drop in a new motor and transmission. So like most my a4ld is a little on the week side and the motor also needs to be rebuilt. I am a self taught mechanic in that I have rebuilt cylinder heads before and pulled a few motors. I have never done anything as complex as rebuild a motor or transmission but am willing to try as I don't want to buy a new truck when I own one and it would cost me less to rebuild this one. If i could get some advice from glacier or brain on the parts list that would be great because there are acouple of junk yards here with a few rangers, explorers, and bronco 2s to get parts from. I want to build this thing so that I won't have to take it in for awhile. Thanks.

useful links

Thanks brooklyn bay for the links. I will use them as I look into this rebuild

Back