• Register Today It's free!

ranger bumper on an ex?

Andy96XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Branchburg NJ, Bethlehem PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
so tonight i was going through google and i saw this guys ex. http://images.google.com/imgres?img...anger+light+bar&gbv=2&svnum=10&hl=en&safe=off
It says he is using a trail ready ranger bumper and i love it. It is exactly what I was looking to do to my ex. I was curious if anyone knew if this would be a pretty simple install on an explorer or if it would be a custom fab. Any help would be great because if it will be simple I will start saving up now for it. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If i remember right I don't think his was a bolt on, had to do some bracket work because the ranger and Ex are different frame widths I think

yea i just realized it was somebody who was on the forum after doing some searching. Unfortunately he has not signed on in over a year:(

We share the same frames with them. Its just after the front doors where it changes.

so were looking at a not so simple install? why can't anything be easy for me lol

We share the same frames with them. Its just after the front doors where it changes.

Sorry to jack your thread but what about the rear bumper? would that fit?

The rear is where the 2 frames are different. The ranger frame is narrower therefore the bumpers will not fit unless you cut the mounts off and reweld them.

Dan

hm, thats a possibility... why can't ford just make things easy on me though:( haha. or just make some friggin bumpers for the gen II.

no one makes stuff for explorers due to liability....

i personally dont liek the bumper posted above, that thing sticks out like a boat anchor.... nice for a mall crawler, but unpractical for off road use

95+ explorer and 98+ Ranger you mean I think;)

Back