• Register Today It's free!

Ranger Coil Over Suspension

Thompy

Reaction score
City, State
Southern Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
01' Ranger 4x4 XLT
Ok, to make a long story short, I've got a 2001 4.0 4x4 Off Road Package. I take it that it has pulse vaccum hubs, thus is there ANY way at all I can get coil overs on this truck. RCD suspension says no pulse vaccum and I believe Camburg doesn't make a kit for the 4x4. If I can't go with the coil overs what would be the best route to take as far as a suspension system and deal with the torsion bars.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good lord, 5k. If I was to stick with the torsion bars to save some money, what would be the best kit in this case?

early 2000 was the last year of PVH hubs, the RCD kit will work on your truck, I had it on my 2000.5 ranger.

Well thats really good to hear, extremely good to hear. How do you like the RCD kit? I'd like to go with the Dixon Brothers kit but its a good chunk of change. Do you use your truck as a trail truck, or more of a cross over 4x4 pre-runner?

Well thats really good to hear, extremely good to hear. How do you like the RCD kit? I'd like to go with the Dixon Brothers kit but its a good chunk of change. Do you use your truck as a trail truck, or more of a cross over 4x4 pre-runner?

the one time I caught air with the front end and the RCD I blew out a CV, but I sold that lift about 6 months ago.

Worth Every Penny

Good lord, 5k. If I was to stick with the torsion bars to save some money, what would be the best kit in this case?

Yes it might be much for most, but I can guarantee you will be happy. The Guys at Dixon all have engineering backgrounds and the kit is unbelieveable.

It is made so well after having it installed I did not even need to get an alignment, and the performance is great.

The Guy that did the work for me has it on a 2006 and with deavers and a bedcage in the rear you can take whoops at 60 mph.

If you want to see a build up of the front visit:
http://www.prerunnermaniac.com/Prerunners/Prerunner-Tech/Long-Travel-Suspension-Kit.php

Yesterday I had my bedsides flared, but that will be in the next month's issue.

Back