• Register Today It's free!

Ranger seat interchangability.

JakePSD

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Mercury Mountaineer
I have a 1989 Ranger regular cab. My seat is sunk in real bad on the driver side. I guess one of the PO's was a big guy. My question is, what year of seats will fit. Ideally id like to have a bench seat with the flip up center console so i can still fit 3 people if need be, but still have some extra storage.

Also, will a shift boot from a newer ranger, one with cupholders, fit in mine without much modification.

It is pretty much a work truck so perfection isn't that important.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What seat do you have now, a true bench?

Check out this thread from TRS: http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/Seats.html
This last sentence from that link is good info for you:
"Ranger Standard-cab, Ranger Supercab and Bronco II's all have different floor pan profiles and so use different seat tracks, so if you want to put buckets or a split-bench into a std cab Ranger you must get your seat tracks out of a std cab Ranger."

IMO, find a 60/40 split bench like you're describing, it's probably the most common seat in any years newer than yours. I doubt the floorpan shape changed at all from 89 through now, as long as it's still a reg cab.

The same should be true for the shift boot w/cupholder. Sounds like you should go cruise to local pic-n-pull. :thumbsup:

Found a good seat out of a pretty new ranger, im guessin around 04 or so. Its the ones that have a cup holder in the center flip up console. So if i just take the bolts out of the floor and take the whole thing thats all i need and it will bolt right up?

Also is $50 a good deal on that?

Why don't you take a tape measure and check the length and width of the bolt pattern, and compare it to your truck?

Ok the seats are NOT a direct bolt in. One of the bolts lines up, the rest you will have to drill new holes. I had to bend the brackets on the front of the seat to a more straight position. The 2 center ones lined up good with the floor pan, the outer 2 i had to shim out with washers. I used good sized washers on the underside of the floor to take the place of the extra metal on the actual factory holes. They look really good though. Very comfy and the center console is real nice to have. The shift boot went in perfect. I might post some pics of it later on.

Back