• Register Today It's free!

Read Leaf Springs Help

kstavinoha

Reaction score
City, State
Brazoria,TX.
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
Where is the best place to order Rear Leaf Springs for a 4 Door Explorer? I need to put them on my 99 2 Door sport 4WD. I am getting a 3" BL. Also what rim size would you all use on a 32x11.5x15 tire the 15x8 or the 15x10? Thanks for the imput.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.

With respect to your question, there are quite a few suppliers and a lot depends on what you're trying to accomplish by changing leaf packs. ARB/OME, Dever and Eaton Detroit all make leaf packs for the Explorer. You may want to make use of the "Search" feature and have a look at what other Forum members have done. Also, browse the "off-road" forum for ideas.

A lot of members just go to the junkyard for the springs also you can stick to the 15X8 rims for the 11.5" wide tire, double check the tire specs to be sure.

I got mine from the junkyard. $35 a piece, can't beat that price.

I would check out your local junkyard.

car-parts.com Pick your state, vehicle specs and everything, then find the nearest place for the best price.

I got mine from a junkyard.
Pretty easy swap.
Mine were $50.00 each, so I would shop where EBInterceptor shops
:)

I got a new set from J.C.Whitney... I think I paid $80 for the set and free shipping (special) a few year ago... I just got a new catalog and found them for $89 a pair.

Catalog number 434J-04
Explorer --> 91-94 all...1250lbs 4 leaves Stock #AJJ476642YF $89
--> 95-00 all...877lbs 4 leaves Stock #AJJ492300N $99

the 95-00 4 leaves Stock #AJJ492300N says there only 14.95 each.
ar eyou sure thats the leaf pack or is it the mono leaf found on the sports. cause i have a sport and have been looking for the leaf packs also.

I have the catalog right in front of me now... Truck catalog #434J-04 page 74... Leaf Springs (generic - no brand name listed) Shows Explorer, Mountaneer 91-94 and 95-00, no mention about if 2dr or 4dr.... for the 95-00 is says also "reuse wedge if equiped" - AJJ492300N $99.99
Now in the description it say's
"Install in pairs to distribute weight evenly for a more level ride. Includes Spring Eye Bushings...."
When I ordered mine (was about 2 years ago) I got BOTH when I ordered, came in a singe box and the box was just about demolished when it came in.

Hey take it to the source!!! I have J.C. on the phone now , gonna get to the bottom of this

I checked online and see the same as you, 99red... Have parts lady, she said "oh, they sell them by the leaf for $14.95! the catalog shows 4 leaves" (bad math skills) :rolleyes:
I told her 4x15 = 60 and described what they the leaf springs are and had her look at the picture, now I am in que for someone else... :rolleyes:
waiting :bounce:
waiting :bounce: (gotta goooooo......)

Well the verdict is in!!!...... They don't know..... They think the internet is wrong and will be sending this to be investigated.

My suggestion is: BUY NOW AT $15!!!!!! avoid the rush!!!

yah but if thats 15 for only 1 leaf im gonna be pisse dto pay all that shipping to get them and return them. yah know what i mean.

LOL :p Hey, nothing ventured - nothing gained! :p :mattmoon:

Back