• Register Today It's free!

Real World Towing Experience

pd1980

Reaction score
City, State
Daphne
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Ford F150
We are considering a 2020 Ford Explorer ST and I was wondering if anyone could share any real world towing experiences of towing a trailer/boat/horse in the 4,000 plus pound range with their Explorer? Just want to hear feedback on handling, stopping, etc. and any other insight or observations.

Thanks for your help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nobody has posted yet about towing anything like you are asking for so I wouldn't expect much response. What I will say though is with the 400/415 rating, 10 speed and rwd, it should pull that with ease. Braking has more to do with the break controller you select, weight distribution hitch (if recommended) and how you have the brakes setup. You should not feel the trailer pushing you if setup correctly which has to do with the user, not the vehicle.

We are considering a 2020 Ford Explorer ST and I was wondering if anyone could share any real world towing experiences of towing a trailer/boat/horse in the 4,000 plus pound range with their Explorer? Just want to hear feedback on handling, stopping, etc. and any other insight or observations.

Thanks for your help!
This is the most thorough review of towing with the Ford Explorer ST you'll probably ever find!

This is as thorough review of towing with the Ford Explorer ST you'll probably ever find!

Thanks for the replies! It is much appreciated.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Back