Reality of lift & tire size | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Reality of lift & tire size

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats what Im running with some trimming, not a horrific amount but I did have to trim some.

Instead of getting the 15x8s does bf a/t's come in 33's that will fit my factory 16x7 rims with no problems?

I fit 33/12.50's on my stock 15x7 rims.

So those will work on my 16x7, i'm half-a@@ retarded when it comes to tires :banghead:

Well since your rims are 16" your gonna have to get the metric equivilant to a 33. I have no idea what it is though.

there are 33x10.5 tires, such as the TSL radials iknow for sure, as well as many others i bet, might be an option for u

Texplorer said:
Well since your rims are 16" your gonna have to get the metric equivilant to a 33. I have no idea what it is though.
285/75/16 for the "small" 33 and 305/70/16 for the "big" 33. Or, if you want a really skinny 33, then get some 235/85/16's. :)

james t said:
285/75/16 for the "small" 33 and 305/70/16 for the "big" 33. Or, if you want a really skinny 33, then get some 235/85/16's. :)

Thanx James, huge help, do you think the bigger size 33's 305/70/16 will be much trouble fitting with the 3'bl/tt/4dr leafs on a 95?

I think the 305's would fit fine with that lift on 8" wheels. If you do have to trim, it wont be much if at all.

james t said:
I think the 305's would fit fine with that lift on 8" wheels. If you do have to trim, it wont be much if at all.

So these will work on 16x7's? You'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge
Just don't want to order the wrong tire size :confused:

They will work, but wont be ideal. If you go with a 16x7 id recommend the 285.

james t said:
They will work, but wont be ideal. If you go with a 16x7 id recommend the 285.

Hey james tire guy again, what do you mean by wont be ideal? I got a chance to see the 285/75/16 and I think they look like pizza cutters with the 3' lift, so what problems do you think I will encounter or what you meant by wont be ideal?

One more thing, if I get some 16x8 rims, is the 305/70/16 the max tire size I can fit or can I go bigger?

Thanks for all your help

Back