Rear Bumper Cover Replacement? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Bumper Cover Replacement?

Burnout01

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Hello,

We had a guy behind us at a light one day bump into us. His foot slipped off the brake. It put a small dent in black plastic bumper cover. Has anyone replaced one of these before? What is the difficulty level of something like this? And does anyone know the part number? I do not have a towing package.

Thanks,

Hello,

We had a guy behind us at a light one day bump into us. His foot slipped off the brake. It put a small dent in black plastic bumper cover. Has anyone replaced one of these before? What is the difficulty level of something like this? And does anyone know the part number? I do not have a towing package.

Thanks,
I'm assuming you have a 2011 model since it isn't shown in your left margin profile. It would be helpful if you added that to your profile so members would be better able to help. There are 2 parts to the rear bumper cover. I assume they are the same on all Explorer models w/o the tow package.
The lower piece is 17K835A (Rear Bumper Cover Less Trailer Towing, Less Reverse Proximity Sensor; Carbon Black, $223.25) There may be additional cost for parts required such as mounting hardware etc. and the cost to install it.
As NEWPORTNJ mentioned, this can all be found on the Ford parts website.
As always, you should confirm prices with your dealer's parts department.

Peter

Back