Rear climate control - always set to "Rear"? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear climate control - always set to "Rear"?

ford_ever

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Ltd
I've searched the forums and didn't find an answer. I want to know if there's a way to "enable" the rear controls for climate, so the rear control panel is enabled, and have that "stick" across vehicle starts. What happens now is I go into the climate controls on MFT, and enable Rear, and next time I start the vehicle, I have to do the same thing.

On my 2014 Sport there are two options from the "Rear" A/C screen. One turns on the rear a/c which is then controlled from the front, the other turns on the rear controls and can then be controlled only from the rear.

D.​
Rear: Touch to access the rear climate control. Rear climate control

settings appear at the bottom of the screen.​
•​
Touch the power icon to turn the rear climate control functions off

and on.​
•​
Touch Rear Control to allow the rear seat passengers to adjust the

rear climate settings. Touch it again to prevent the rear seat​
passengers from adjusting the settings.​
Rear Control automatically

turns off when you use the touchscreen to adjust the rear climate​
settings.​

Thanks TerryVanPool. I'm aware of how to enable or disable the rear controls, but I'd like to know if there's a way to persist the setting over starts and stops. Tomorrow when I get in the car with the family, if I want my son to be able to set the controls in the back I'm going to have to go through the MFT to turn on the rear control. And the next day, the same thing. I'd love to set it and forget it.

Maybe I misunderstood your question but it sounds like your car is acting different from mine. When I set the rear A/C it "does" stay until manually changed.
Maybe try a master reset and see if anything changes.
Seems there are still a lot of quirks left in the MFT System.

Back