Rear console vent always blows hot air | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear console vent always blows hot air

johng_22

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2004 EB Explorer equipped with dual front controls and the overhead rear AC. The back seat vents the blow out rear center console (under the armrest) always blow hot air regardless of front/rear temp settings. Anyone else experience this problem or have a recommended fix? My poor kids are burning up back there in the rear seat. Thanks!

What happens when you just turn it off/on with the temp turned all the way down. I didn't think there was a blend door for the rear vents under the armrests . . . .i'd have to check to be sure. I just found my '04 a little low on freon ~20psi, just added a can and it's gotten colder. I had some vents run warm while others where cold. .

I don't think you mean the rears but Does the rear air work? There is a blend door for the rear A/C-heat but those are for the overhead vents in the rear.

If I turn off the air all together then no hot air comes out of the center console vents for the rear seat. The front air and the rear overhead heat/ac work great independent of each other. It's just those little vents in the rear of the console that blow hot air all the time.

Back