• Register Today It's free!

rear driver window

02 SILVER XLS

Reaction score
City, State
woodhaven, mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 xls
Hi i have a question, the track (i guess ) broke cause when i took off the door panel it looks like the little black thingy that holds the window on the track was broken, so know the window doesnt go up or down...... 1. can i just replace that " thingy " and where can i get one or 2. do i need to replace the hole track system and where can i get that

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

same exact thing just happened to me :(

Yes, you need to replace the window regulator. I replaced mine myself and it cost $186 from the dealer. It's REALLY easy to do. Take the door panel off, door speaker out and pull the plastic cover off enough to work around. I drilled a hole in the door to drill out the rivit that holds the regulator to the window track. After that, it's like 3 bolts that hold the the regulator on and then you swap. After you get the new one in, use a short bolt with a lock washer to reattach the regulator to the window track. Put everything back and pat yourself on the back for saving $400 bucks form having the stealership do it:D

If what I typed sounds hard, trust me it's not! If you can take the door panel off, you can chage the window regulator;) Just take your time and look at what you have to do and if you have any question, post on here.

Thanks, i need to do mine but damn that's expensive.

That doesn't look too good from the outside, does it? Won't water leak in? :rolleyes:

LOL, I drilled from the inside with the panel off;) There's a rivet that you need to remove and drilling was the easiest way.

Back