Need help!! Window stuck down! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help!! Window stuck down!

It appears that the Dorman part #s are 748-507 for Rear Passenger side and 748-506 is for Rear Driver side. Both are Regulators w/ motor.

Best if you call when ordering to verify.

Just went to the website and this part is "Out of stock". Guess I'll call around in the morning and try to find one for less than the $139 one at Auto Zone, only for them to special order anyway, like I can just do myself.

*Update* I bought the part for $99 total and put it in tonight. The toughest part was removing the metal bar that was riveted to the plastic part holding the window in place. I had to mini-hacksaw the back of the rivet. Couldn't re-use the old plastic part because it was different than the one on the new part. After the rivet was sawed off, the rest of the job took about 20 minutes. I replaced the rivets with a 3/4" boly, 2 washers, a locknut and loctite! Nice to have use of the window again, works beautifully. Just waiting for the next issue to pop-up and then I'll come on the forum for the fix. Seriously, this place has been a lifesaver and saved me a bunch of money from the money-hungry dealerships! Thanks a bunch guys!

Great info, The RR just did the same thing this morning.

My issue is with the front passenger. Anyone know the Dorman model for that and is the procedure the same?

Back