• Register Today It's free!

Rear Leaf Spring Shackles

nhill

Reaction score
City, State
Milwaukee, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Explorer XLT 4x4
... Anyone know where I can get/order rear leaf spring shackles for my 96 explorer xlt??

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do you want stock height or a lift? If you want stock height there might be someone on the forum that will sell you their old ones, or you could get oem replacements from a site like fastpartsnetwork.com (about $18 each if I remember right). If you want to lift the rear end about 2" you could get the warrior shackles.

do you want stock height or a lift? If you want stock height there might be someone on the forum that will sell you their old ones, or you could get oem replacements from a site like fastpartsnetwork.com (about $18 each if I remember right). If you want to lift the rear end about 2" you could get the warrior shackles.

I wouldn't mind a lift. The stock shackles are getting so corroded and need replacing. Thanks for the info...

i got replacements from ford not too expensive........just a warning for ya......THEY ARE A ROYAL PIA to replace

The Ebay shackles looks like a copy of the Warrior shackles, but without nice paint, and without bolts. If your shackle is corroded so bad, you don't want to re-use the bolts.
Below are two links to the Warrior shackles, they come with bolts. They are SUPER easy to install, probably the easier thing I have even done on a truck, took me maybe 10 minutes total. So long as the old ones come out okay. Use PB blaster and heat to take the old ones out if they are bad, or cut them if they are really bad.
They actually measure out to 1.5" of lift, no 1.25 like they say.
http://www.tellico4x4.com/product_info.php/products_id/6362
http://www.amazon.com/Warrior-Products-WAR153-Rear-Shackles/dp/B000FPYDVW

Back