• Register Today It's free!

rear wheel sensor

dvallen467

Reaction score
City, State
Clayton,NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Mountaineer
Hi! New member. first post. Does anyone have any info/issues with the rear sensor on the transaxial that measures the rear wheel speed and involves the ABS ...I have a 04 Mountaineer and it has went out /failed!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum! Sometimes with those sensors you are able to remove the them and give them a good cleaning. Other cases they just have to be replaced. What led you to believe it is the rear sensor?

rear sensor

Sorry for the delay in my reply...ABS light was staying on and took it in and had a diognostic run which gave the code for the rear sensor was "open"!

I just replaced the rear ABS sensor on my 2000 Explorer.

It took about 5 minutes to crawl under and swap out the sensor on top of the differential. Only one bolt holds it on. It was $13 @ O'Reillys.

i had that prob recently fixed it put a genisis on it if you can do it yourself its a 10 mm bolt and pops out ford wanted 360 bucks when the part was 105

i had that prob recently fixed it put a genisis on it if you can do it yourself its a 10 mm bolt and pops out ford wanted 360 bucks when the part was 105

You must have a different year or talking about something different.

The rear abs speed sensor on my 2000 Explorer was $12.99 + tax.

Back