Rear Wiper Question: Size & Brand

BootyDo

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Limited V8
Hey All,

I finally stepped up to a Limited Edition 2006 all-black Explorer! LOVE IT! Unfortunately, once the humid summer days rolled in, my the rubber on my rear wiper blade literally fell off. So I'm about to get another and checked the manual, but noticed it doesn't list the size. From searching, it appears the back takes a 12". Is that correct and could anyone recommend a decent brand? I had my eye on a Rain-X, but if I'm looking at Amazon correctly, a Rain-X Weatherbeater Wiper Blade - 12" single blade is $10+ and the Michelin RainForce All Weather Performance Wiper Blade - 12" is $11+. Not really a lot per se, but definitely would prefer to buy annually.

Thanks!

EDIT: Just measured and I swear it's a 13" on there now. ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its 13" and If you don't want want to replace for 5 years I recommend Sil Blade I have them on my 08 explorer and they are great. If you don't mind replacing annually rain-x latitude are good.

I stopped torturing myself trying to find a decent rear wiper. Now I just get them from the dealer, and they work great.

I stopped torturing myself trying to find a decent rear wiper. Now I just get them from the dealer, and they work great.

I had my dealer replace all blades front and rear last winter during express-lube/oil change (being over 3 years old), works great too.

Thanks for the advice all! Definitely don't mind replacing as part of maintenance and what not, but $15 a year for something I don't use much is just ... "eh". :(

Thank you!

Back