• Register Today It's free!

Rear wiper working incorrect

Wmsmith223

Reaction score
City, State
Omaha, NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer XLT
We have a 2015 Ford Explorer. Went through a carwash, it ripped my whole rear wiper arm off. I replaced the arm, it's now stopping in random spots when I turn it on. But if I push the window wash button, to spray the solution, it goes right on track. Still turns off in a random spot though. I asked the ford dealership about it, they said something about resetting the "set spot." Do we just replace the whole wiper motor?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you ever get this resolved?
We have a 2015 Ford Explorer. Went through a carwash, it ripped my whole rear wiper arm off. I replaced the arm, it's now stopping in random spots when I turn it on. But if I push the window wash button, to spray the solution, it goes right on track. Still turns off in a random spot though. I asked the ford dealership about it, they said something about resetting the "set spot." Do we just replace the whole wiper moto

Did you ever get this resolved?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
FYI, the member you quoted was last seen here on August 29, 2020. I don't recall anyone else having the same issue but perhaps someone will have some info. Is yours also stopping randomly?

Peter

Yes, mine will work randomly. Also the home position, when it is turned off, is on the opposite side. I have not taken the rear arm off yet to inspect the plastic teeth more, as I'm waiting on a replacement arm to be delivered. I suspect this is the issue.

Yes, mine will work randomly. Also the home position, when it is turned off, is on the opposite side. I have not taken the rear arm off yet to inspect the plastic teeth more, as I'm waiting on a replacement arm to be delivered. I suspect this is the issue.
Please report back once you've replaced it. Thanks.

Peter

Please report back once you've replaced it. Thanks.

Peter
No, I replaced the wiper arm assembly and this did not correct it. The wiper motor has a mind of it's own while turned on. I guess I need to replace the rear wiper motor and see where that leads.

Back