• Register Today It's free!

Wiper doesnt turn off

bunty27

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 ford explorer
Hi everyone,
New here, as expected, got an issue.
i got 2013 explorer base. wiper doesnt turn off. is there any solution for this? other than taking out fuse :( . when i put it on OFF mode, it goes to the slowest mode but doesnt turn off, (in other words, its working fine, fast, medium and slow) but wiper doesnt wanna turn off when i put it in OFF mode.
can you make an outlet or bypass, where you can turn off/on it manually by putting some kind of (on/off) button?
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

I have moved your thread into the 5th Gen Sub Forum for better exposure.

Good luck getting it sorted. :thumbsup:

Please keep us posted as feedback helps others reading this post looking for a fix to the same or similar issue!

Hi everyone,
New here, as expected, got an issue.
i got 2013 explorer base. viper doesnt turn off. is there any solution for this? other than taking out fuse :( . when i put it on OFF mode, it goes to the slowest mode but doesnt turn off, (in other words, its working fine, fast, medium and slow) but viper doesnt wanna turn off when i put it in OFF mode.
can you make an outlet or bypass, where you can turn off/on it manually by putting some kind of (on/off) button?
Thanks
Welcome to the Forum bunty27.:wavey:
At first I thought you were referring to the Viper alarm system. Upon further reading I assume you are talking about the windshield wipers.
I would suggest that you visit the dealer and have this looked at. There have been instances where the wiper control arm had to be replaced. Some members had the wipers work by themselves at times. There seems to be a problem with the control stalk on some Explorers. This should be covered under your warranty. In the mean time, I would think removing the fuse would be all you can do. Good luck.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum bunty27.:wavey:
At first I thought you were referring to the Viper alarm system. Upon further reading I assume you are talking about the windshield wipers.
I would suggest that you visit the dealer and have this looked at. There have been instances where the wiper control arm had to be replaced. Some members had the wipers work by themselves at times. There seems to be a problem with the control stalk on some Explorers. This should be covered under your warranty. In the mean time, I would think removing the fuse would be all you can do. Good luck.

Peter

Thank you peter, I've already taken out the fusw.

Thank you peter, I've already taken out the fusw.

Vipers... fusw...:dunno:

If taking the fuse out and putting it back in didn't solve it, see your dealer. You are under warranty.

Vipers... fusw...:dunno:

If taking the fuse out and putting it back in didn't solve it, see your dealer. You are under warranty.

Sorry, viper was misspelled & fusw was typo :(

I got 75k+ miles on it and dealer says, warranty expires on 60k.
is it hard to replace the wiper handle? part is only $45.

Sorry, viper was misspelled & fusw was typo :(

I got 75k+ miles on it and dealer says, warranty expires on 60k.
is it hard to replace the wiper handle? part is only $45.

i know.. just teasing. As was just posted, no, very easy to replace it. I believe just a couple screws and you are good to go.

i had similar problem and dealership replaced the complete stalk, under warranty

This sounds very simple. I'll try to replace it on my own coz dealer is asking for $180+$45(parts).
Thanks for the link

Well, it was very simple, that link helped. That was only 10 minutes work and dealer asked for $180 :(.
only thing I want to add is "when you try to slide out the switch, there's a clip on the top just use smallest screw driver or small knife" if you hold the new switch in your hand you'll know what I am talking about.
Thank you All for your help.

Back