Rearview Camera Active Guidelines | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rearview Camera Active Guidelines

The Limited Explorers have the curving lines.

Other Explorers with MFT have the straight lines.

Both can be switched on/off via the left hand 4" screen

There are several 2011 threads that discuss this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Active Guidelines on Backup Camera

How do I determine if my 2015 Explorer Limited should display active guidelines on backup camera. Mine is a Limited with 301A, tow package, BLIS, etc.

Only vehicles with active park assist have the guidelines.

How do I determine if my 2015 Explorer Limited should display active guidelines on backup camera. Mine is a Limited with 301A, tow package, BLIS, etc.
Welcome to the Forum J Dennis.:wavey:
As Jason stated, only models with the Active Park Assist have the active guidelines. If you have that feature, make sure it is turned on. It is all covered in your Owner's Guide.
I have also merged your thread with this existing one.

Peter

Backup camera adjustment?

I have a new 2015 Limited and I was wondering....
Is there a way to adjust your back up camera view so that the yellow lines will turn when you turn your steering wheel? My yellow lines on my back up camera stay pointing straight no matter what I do with my steering wheel. Is this just the way it is or can it be changed?

Does your Limited have Active Park Assist (self parking)? If not, then the lines will not move.
If you do, have you checked that the settings are enabled?
I have also merged your thread with this existing one.

Peter

I do have a question about the Rear camera on a 2016 Sport with the 401A package. Do you guys have the active guidelines that move when you turn the steering wheel while in reverse? I had it on my 2013 Fusion and liked how it worked. I did turn on the enhanced park aids in the camera settings and I still do not have them.

I do have a question about the Rear camera on a 2016 Sport with the 401A package. Do you guys have the active guidelines that move when you turn the steering wheel while in reverse? I had it on my 2013 Fusion and liked how it worked. I did turn on the enhanced park aids in the camera settings and I still do not have them.

IIRC, the Sport sold here has the active guidelines.

The active guidelines are usually only there if you have Active Park Assist which I believe the Sport doesn't have. At least that was the way it used to be.

Peter

The active guidelines are usually only there if you have Active Park Assist which I believe the Sport doesn't have. At least that was the way it used to be.

Peter

That has been proven to be false...some vehicles, for example a base model Mustang has them. Not sure what qualifies it for having them.

That has been proven to be false...some vehicles, for example a base model Mustang has them. Not sure what qualifies it for having them.
I was just referring to the 5th gen Explorer.

Peter

Active Guidelines

NOTE: The active guidelines feature is not an option on vehicles equipped with an interior auto-dimming rear view mirror display.

Active Guidelines

NOTE: The active guidelines feature is not an option on vehicles equipped with an interior auto-dimming rear view mirror display.
Is that from the 2016 Explorer manual? My 2011 Limited had the auto dimming rearview mirror, Active Park Assist AND the Active Guidelines.
I have no idea why one would necessarily affect the other since the display is on the MFT screen and not the mirror.:dunno:

Peter

I received a 2015 Hyundai Sonata as a rental the previous month for a work trip (base model of course) and it was equipped with active reversing guidelines.
The vehicle only had reverse parking sensors, no fancy active park assist, so it's definitely a software feature.

I received a 2015 Hyundai Sonata as a rental the previous month for a work trip (base model of course) and it was equipped with active reversing guidelines.
The vehicle only had reverse parking sensors, no fancy active park assist, so it's definitely a software feature.

I'm inclined to agree with you, GT.

Every GM model that has a rear camera has active lines. As you turn the steering wheel, the guidance lines turn also. I was hoping that would've been part of the recent MFT update. Alas, no such luck.

Active Guidelines

So I take it that you also do not have the active guidelines on your 2016 Sport?

So I take it that you also do not have the active guidelines on your 2016 Sport?

No I don't and am disappointed it doesn't have them. That info I posted I was from the service manual.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No I don't and am disappointed it doesn't have them. That info I posted I was from the service manual.
Thanks for the reply Jason but I don't think that what it says is correct. As mentioned, my 2011 had auto dimming rearview mirror but had the active guidelines and I'm quite sure that anyone with a 2016 with an auto dimming rearview mirror and active park assist will have the active guidelines as well. The only reason I can see for that statement in the service manual is for those vehicles that have the rearview picture in the rearview mirror. That is the only thing that makes sense to me.

Peter

Back