rearview mirror power button and phone | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

rearview mirror power button and phone

plumber1

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 EXPLORER
:Di have a 2002 explorer xlt with no manual,on my rearview mirror there is a power button and a painted emblem of a phone (not onstar) and on my radio i also have a ohone mute button...all stock items. my compas and temp is on my dash with the odo. my question is wth is the mirror all about and is the radio linked to it or just a mute button....hope somewill say its bluetooth and i'll be extatic. if it is how do i get into the sync menu

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hate to be the one to break the bad news to you, but if it is all stock it is not bluetooth...sorry :(

I dont think bluetooth was out in 2002...I have a 2002 and it is all stock...the button the mirror is for the automatic dimmer...

are you sure the radio has a phone mute button on it?

on my 04, I have the in-dash 6-CD changer. It has a mute phone button.
I believe its just a mute for the radio, no bluetooth functionality.

I know there is a button on my rearview mirrow but dont recall the symbol thats on it. I think it just turns the dimming on and off.

My 02 has a single CD player in the Dash. To the right of the CD hole is a button with an image of a phone hand set, uder that it says MUTE.

I think all that saying is....MUTE the radio while your on the phone. :salute:

You can buy a bluetooth kit that will tie into your stock system, whenever you get a call the sound from the stereo is muted, my stereo also has that button

Plumber, can you post a pic of your mirror?

thanks for all the replies, how do I post a picture on here? I would be happy to put one up,is there a way to add it to a post?

You need 10 posts to be able to upload a picture to the board.

Or the best way is to get an account at a hosting site.
like www.photobucket.com
its free
you upload you picture to there and after its uploaded links will display below it.
Links for putting your picture in an email or a message board.
Use the link that begins with {IMG} (but it will have square brackets)
paste the link here when you type your update.
After you submit, a picture should display instead of the link.

I checked my 04 last night.
The symbol on the mirror button is a circle with a line pointing up. Almost like a Q but with the little line pointing up.

To host the pic in the post, you need to become elite (you pay a 20dll a year fee) but you can host it in photobucket and hotlink it here

Back