• Register Today It's free!

rebuilt fuel injectors

dean1997sport

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Sport OHV
Has any one used any rebuilt fuel injectors off ebay?
I found more than a few places that were selling them pretty cheap and no core.
Or can anyone point me in the right direction to get a rebuilt set cheap.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gonna give this thread a 10 year bump, I'm looking for others experiences with ebay sets as well.
An entire set there for the cost of one locally seems suspicious...

Gonna give this thread a 10 year bump, I'm looking for others experiences with ebay sets as well.
An entire set there for the cost of one locally seems suspicious...
Mine were too rusty for comfort. I got ones from ebay, runs as good as you could get. I could prob find the seller.

Mine were too rusty for comfort. I got ones from ebay, runs as good as you could get. I could prob find the seller.
If you could find the seller, I'd greatly appreciate it :)

This is exactly what I got, should work for you too. $60 dollars is a no brainer, some dealers charge that for an oil change. Feedback there speaks for itself. You need an Etorx set (harbor freight to replace). I also got the OEM gasket thick for a few bucks. Not sure if the 94 uses the same part (prob similar though).
Set Of 6 OEM Bosch Fuel Injectors for 93-96 Ford Ranger 4.0L V6 #0280150931 | eBay
Thank you so much, ill be purchasing this set. Glad to see I aint gotta shell out $250 on rockauto.

You might want to consider purchasing a set of "flow matched" rebuilt injectors. As you surf online sites, you'll see that some sellers sell rebuilt fuel injectors that they've flow matched, i.e., they evaluate the spray output of each rebuilt injector and partner-together injectors that have similar outputs. This way, you get a set that's "flow matched," not just rebuilt.

You might want to consider purchasing a set of "flow matched" rebuilt injectors. As you surf online sites, you'll see that some sellers sell rebuilt fuel injectors that they've flow matched, i.e., they evaluate the spray output of each rebuilt injector and partner-together injectors that have similar outputs. This way, you get a set that's "flow matched," not just rebuilt.
The link above is flow matched. I verified it with the seller. They only sell injectors on ebay. Better to get reman injectors than China ones.

The real question is does the factory take the time to flow match

If it's a rebuilt injector and it's cleaned properly than its in spec imo

Injectors arrived, they look great, almost like brand new. I'll update once I get em installed... crossing my fingers this will be the end of my running troubles.

Injectors arrived, they look great, almost like brand new. I'll update once I get em installed... crossing my fingers this will be the end of my running troubles.

Any updates?? Any pics?? Any tips?

Any updates?? Any pics?? Any tips?
Yeah, sorry. Got em installed, truck runs better than it has in a while. No pics, sorry. Didn't take any when I did em.
Tip to a beginner though, if the rail is not seating all the way down to the lower intake, and the injectors are not sliding into their holes, take the fuel rail back off and lube/re-lube the o-rings. DO NOT use the fuel rail studs to crank down on the rail to get the injectors to seat. You will be cussing yourself and tearing it all back down because you destroyed the o-rings and now you have fuel dumping everywhere. I did that a few years ago and dumped 15 gallons of fuel along 25 miles of road.

Yeah, sorry. Got em installed, truck runs better than it has in a while. No pics, sorry. Didn't take any when I did em.
Tip to a beginner though, if the rail is not seating all the way down to the lower intake, and the injectors are not sliding into their holes, take the fuel rail back off and lube/re-lube the o-rings. DO NOT use the fuel rail studs to crank down on the rail to get the injectors to seat. You will be cussing yourself and tearing it all back down because you destroyed the o-rings and now you have fuel dumping everywhere. I did that a few years ago and dumped 15 gallons of fuel along 25 miles of road.

Thanks for your tips...

I just watched Cober's YouTube Video of his doing the job - Gotta Love Russian ingenuity!

I'm about to buy some for my Explorer, and I was hoping you could give an update on yours? Its been almost a year, how are they holding up and have you had any problems develop?

Fuel injectors are easy to clean and rebuild once they are out of the vehicle. I've done it three times on my X and it only cost me $20 for the kit and supplys and a little of my time. Difficulty of job is about 4/10

Back