• Register Today It's free!

Clogged Fuel Injectors?

WolfPack

Reaction score
City, State
Northern Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Eddie Baure V6
My truck seems to have all the symptoms of a clogged or sticking injector. The Sohc engine has 157k mi on it and runs very strong.

I have not read a lot of this board about fuel injector problems with the explorer and was wondering if dirty injectors were an issue?

I routinely use an Fuel injector cleaner in the tank at each oil change and have allways used Mobil gas. If I wanted to replace the injectors what is a good aftermarket brand to use? The Motorcraft replacements are about $85 a piece.

Since I have the K&N FIPK and Dynomax exhaust with the X calibrator maybe it would be beneficial to bump up to a higher pound injector.

I greatly appreciate any feedback.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's possible as the engine has quite a few miles on it. Do know a place near you that can test them?

I was thinking of taking it to the dealer for a flow test. Expensive, but at least I know they have all the right equipment.

What type and size injectors does the sohc motor take?

Thanks

WolfPack said:
I was thinking of taking it to the dealer for a flow test. Expensive, but at least I know they have all the right equipment.

What type and size injectors does the sohc motor take?

Thanks

19LBS until 2001, then a split year difference went to 24BS.

Will '98 Mustang GT injectors fit in a '98 sohc motor? I know the fuel pumps are compatable.

A friend has some rebuilt 19lb injectors from his '98 GT for a good price, cheaper than getting the old ones dealer cleaned.

Back